Join Teacher Theresa in this 7 part series of lessons where you will build independently, with a partner, or a group a unique challenge in worlds of all subject areas: Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Math, Art, and Coding!
This class will meet every Friday, 4 pm- 8 pm CST on Oct 1st. Build independentl5 / 1410/01/2110/01/21
Learning objectiveAt the conclusion of this activity, participants will have created innovative artwork, written a story, answered a question, or solved a challenge in their Minecraft world independently or collaboratively by following directions and guidance from inside the game, their teacher, and/or peers. Students will have to communicate using full sentences and digital tools and skills within the game.
Next Generation Standards
- 2W3: Write narratives that recount real or imagined experiences or a short sequence of events, including details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings; use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
- PKW4: Create a response to a text, author, or personal experience (e.g., dramatization, artwork, or poem).
- KW4: Create a response to a text, author, or personal experience (e.g., dramatization, artwork, or poem).
- 1W4:Create a response to a text, author, theme, or personal experience (e.g., poem, dramatization, artwork, or other).
- 2W4:Create a response to a text, author, theme, or personal experience (e.g., poem, play, story, artwork, or other).
- 2SL1: Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse peers and adults in small and large groups and during play.
- 2SL1a Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions and participate by actively listening, taking turns, and staying on topic.
- SL1b: Build on othersâ€™ talk in conversations by linking their comments to the remarks of others through multiple exchanges.
- 2SL1c: Ask for clarification and further explanation as needed about topics and texts under discussion.
- 2SL1d: Consider individual differences when communicating with others.
- 2SL5: Include digital media and/or visual displays in presentations to clarify or support ideas, thoughts, and feelings.
- 2L6: Use words and phrases acquired through conversations, reading and being read to, and responding to texts, including using adjectives and adverbs to describe (e.g., When other kids are happy that makes me happy).
Guiding ideasCan you build, create, or solve something independently or collaboratively using Minecraft skills and your imagination within different learning contexts such as Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Math, Art, and Coding?
Performance expectationsStudents will follow directions and guidance from their teacher and/or peers to create innovative build challenges featuring artwork, writing a story, answering a question, or solving a challenge in their Minecraft world using digital tools and information. Students will demonstrate their innovation/creation/story/ or artwork of their build challenge. Students will master how to document their learning self-reflection to share with their peers and teacher using new digital tools and technologies.
- Critical thinking
- Social and interpersonal skills
- Technology (Coding)
- Computer skills (Using Digital Tools for Expression) (P21, 2016)
- Cameras and Pictures Tutorial and Pre-Assessment with links Unlimited