This class will meet Wednesdays from 12pm-2pm EST on September 8th. Students wil4 / 3309/08/2109/08/21
Learning ObjectivesLearn about functions in computer science.
Guiding ideasIn computer science, a “function” is a way to group commands together. For example, the function of Waving might group the following commands together:
- Raise hand
- Move hand left
- Move hand right
- Students will create functions that help them accomplish a task in Minecraft.
- Students will work in pairs to create a helpful function for Minecraft.
- Critical thinking
- Locate Your EduMEE Email Account Information Unlimited
- Download and Sign into M:EE Unlimited
- Open MS Teams and find your Class meeting link Unlimited
- Joining An EduMEE Class Meeting in Teams Unlimited
- Ensure your camera and microphone work properly Unlimited
- Check other Features on Your EduMEE App Unlimited
- It’s Raining Wolves and Ocelots with Melody Brewer: Wednesday, September 8th. 12pm-2pm EST Unlimited
I was born in Wyoming and was very involved in sports. I was participated in choir and band along with theater. After graduation I didn’t want to go to college at the University like my classmates, so I went to Casper College and majored in music. I thought I could be a performance major and after I received my Associates, I flew to Los Angeles and attended Azusa Pacific University. Then reality hit and I saw how many people had amazing voices and a lot of money. I knew that I had to face reality and my mother was an incredible teacher. I kept thinking of the difference she made in not only kids but families lives. I decided to go back to the University of Wyoming (I couldn’t keep scrubbing toilets at 3:00 a.m. so I could go to school) and changed my major to Music Education. Because I changed my major, it did cost me another year, but I did love going to school at U.W. and did quite well. I did my Student Teaching at a Jr. High in Gillette, Wyoming with one of the most dynamic choir teachers I have ever seen. I learned a lot. I began teaching in Arizona as a K-6 General Music teacher and 4th through 8th grade Band Instructor. That was rough. I had to learn a lot about myself, my strengths, my weaknesses but I think it was probably what made me understand different cultures and teaching poverty. I taught for two years in Arizona and then moved back to Wyoming to teach Choir at a Jr. High. I taught choir and coached 3 sports for about 12 years before I decided I needed a change, so I went back to school while teaching and then started teaching computer classes, both Career and Computer Science. I also was the Yearbook advisor and FBLA advisor at my Jr. High school until I retired this past year.