This class will meet on Thursday 12-2pm EST on Sept 9. Students will use their h4 / 3109/09/2109/09/21
This class will meet on Tuesday 12-3pm EST on Sept 7. Students will use their ha4 / 3109/07/2109/07/21
This class will meet on Thursday 12-2pm EST on Sept 16. Students will use their4 / 3109/16/2109/16/21
This class will meet on Thursday 12-2pm EST on September 23. Students will use t5 / 3109/23/2109/23/21Students will learn about volume by filling sandboxes, creating equations, and finding the total amount of block in rectangular prisms.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.MD.C.3 Recognize volume as an attribute of solid figures and understand concepts of volume measurement.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.MD.C.4 Measure volumes by counting unit cubes, using cubic cm, cubic in, cubic ft, and improvised units.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.MD.C.5 Relate volume to the operations of multiplication and addition and solve real world and mathematical problems involving volume.
Guiding Ideas1) What is a unit measurement? 2) What is an area? 3) How do we find an area? 4) What is a rectangular prism? 5) How do we find all the blocks in a rectangular prism? 6) How can the formula for area help us find the formula of volume?
Performance Expectations1) The student was able to explain volume as unit measurements that fill up a solid figure. 2) The student was able to derive a formula for volume. 3) The student was able to find the volume of rectangular prisms. 4) The student was able to find the volume of irregular shapes.
- Critical Thinking
- Explore Volume World with Charles Gargaly Thursday 12-2pm EST August 12th Unlimited
- Locate Your EduMEE Email Account Information 00:05:00
- Download and Sign into M:EE 00:07:00
- Open MS Teams and find your Class meeting link 00:07:00
- Joining An EduMEE Class Meeting in Teams 00:07:00
- Ensure your camera and microphone work properly 00:07:00
- Check other Features on Your EduMEE App 00:07:00
- Explore Volume World with Charles Gargaly Thursday 12-2pm EST Sept 23rd Unlimited
- Explore Volume World with Charles Gargaly Thursday 12-2pm EST Sept 16th Unlimited
Course ReviewsCharles GargalyUS00
About InstructorHi! My name is Chuck and I love learning and teaching. I also love videogames, so here I am! I'm passionate about getting minds and bodies moving - I play videogames but I also play sports and I believe in being a lifelong learner. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Top Rated Courses