What Will I Learn?
- Critical thinking
- Social and interpersonal skills
- Technology (Coding)
- Computer skills
Build independently, with a partner, or a group a unique challenge in worlds of all subject areas: Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Math, Art, and Coding! Document and record your building and learning journey with Book and Quill. (The Cameras and Pictures tutorial is recommended before you start building). Finally, demonstrate your new skills and knowledge both within the game and by taking the quiz.
Next Generation Standards Covered:
- 2W3: Write narratives which recount real or imagined experiences or a short sequence of events, including details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings; use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
- PKW4: Create a response to a text, author, or personal experience (e.g., dramatization, artwork, or poem).
- KW4: Create a response to a text, author, or personal experience (e.g., dramatization, artwork, or poem).
- 1W4: Create a response to a text, author, theme or personal experience (e.g., poem, dramatization, artwork, or other).
- 2W4: Create a response to a text, author, theme or personal experience (e.g., poem, play, story, artwork, or other).
- 2SL1: Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse peers and adults in small and large groups and during play.
- 2SL1a: Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions and participate by actively listening, taking turns, and staying on topic.
- SL1b: Build on others’ talk in conversations by linking their comments to the remarks of others through multiple exchanges.
- 2SL1c: Ask for clarification and further explanation as needed about topics and texts under discussion.
- 2SL1d: Consider individual differences when communicating with others.
- 2SL5: Include digital media and/or visual displays in presentations to clarify or support ideas, thoughts, and feelings.
- 2L6: Use words and phrases acquired through conversations, reading and being read to, and responding to texts, including using adjectives and adverbs to describe (e.g., When other kids are happy that makes me happy.)
- 8 – 10 years old
- 11 – 13 years old
- Windows PC, Mac, Chromebook, or iPad
- Access to Minecraft Education Edition (included FREE with enrollment)
My name is Theresa Yankovoy, and I am happy to be your Minecraft teacher and guide! As a lover of knowledge of wisdom, I have been fortunate to be a reading specialist in a World History classroom. I am certified in Middle-Grade English 5-9, ESE, PK-3 and have ESOL, and Reading Endorsements. I also enjoy teaching on a virtual platform to elementary school students internationally. I am in the process of completing my Master of Advanced Education.