Explore the differences between natural and manmade landmarks, and then build some along with other players your age in Minecraft: Education Edition (Minecraft Education Edition for PC / Mac, iPad, Tablet, and Chromebook).
Access to Minecraft Education Edition (included FREE with enrollment)
Teacher: Melody Brewer
90 minutes per class
3-10 learners per class
Upcoming Dates: December 29th, 2023- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST
About Course Landmarks In Our Community with Melody Brewer
This program requires basic proficiency with computers and some prior experience with Minecraft.
Like all EduMEE programs, this class offers a project-based, exploratory classroom environment that sits at the intersection of learning and playing. After all, kids learn the most through play!
Independent and cooperative group activity choices:
- Create landmarks in Minecraft to mimic your community
- Minecraft-savvy students may work on their own to create an entire community;
- Beginner Minecraft students may work in a group to create one group community.
- Students will recreate landmarks in their Minecraft region.
In this session you will :
- Identify natural and manmade landmarks in their community (ie: fire station, grocery store, park, school, giant tree, etc.)
- Reproduce those landmarks in Minecraft using a flat creative world.
- Ages 8+: Demonstrate accuracy by developing a replica of landmarks in their region of a state or country.
Students will be exploring concepts of Geography, Reading & Writing, and History while playing a game of Minecraft. A US State-certified teacher will be guiding students through the lesson and posing guiding questions. Some of the 21st-century skills being taught are citizenship, creativity, and critical thinking.
This is a 1.5-hour course that balances discussion time with plenty of hands-on experience so students can cement what they’re learning and explore the topics they’re interested in. We combine Minecraft with education so your child can engage their passions as they learn in a positive, interest-driven environment. Please note that we will be providing all students with a username and Minecraft Education Account so that we can add them to our safelist. Students will also be checking in via MS Teams so we can have audio and video contact. Once video confirmation has been established students can turn off the camera and just use audio for communication during the game.
What’s Next? Landmarks In Our Community with Melody Brewer
If your student enjoyed this class they will also enjoy this one: https://edumee.com/product/build-a-fort-with-melody-brewer/