What Will I Learn?
- Critical thinking
Imagine a world where pirates roamed the seven seas! Where will your imagination take you as you write a narrative about a mysterious shipwreck?
Next Generation Standards Covered
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.2.Introduce a topic and group related information together; include illustrations when useful to aiding comprehension.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.2.B Develop the topic with facts, definitions, and details.
- Who might have been on the ship?
- What cargo was it carrying?
- Where might the ship have been going?
- Students should observe the details of the shipwreck and take notes on what they see.
- Students will create a narrative about how the ship ended up in this condition.
- Students will then build onto the shipwreck within Minecraft to add details and evidence to support their narrative.
- Once complete, take a screenshot, or use the in-game camera and portfolio to create digital illustrations for the student’s stories.
The student should be able to:
- Complete an informative/explanatory piece of writing that describes the shipwreck and what took place to make it sink.
- Make digital illustrations within Minecraft that demonstrate important details from their narrative.
8 – 10 years old
- Windows PC, Mac, Chromebook, or iPad
- Access to Minecraft Education Edition (included FREE with enrollment)