- NGS-Mathmatics-3.OA.2 Interpret whole-number quotients of whole numbers. e.g., Interpret 56 ÷ 8 as the number of objects in each share when 56 objects are partitioned equally into 8 shares, or as a number of shares when 56 objects are partitioned into equal shares of 8 objects each. Describe a context in which a number of shares or a number of groups can be expressed as 56 ÷ 8.
1. The student was able to break apart an array and reorganize the units into equal groups.
2. The student was able to define division by stating the big idea in their own words. Show work in math notebooks.
3. The student was able to write a division equation after reorganizing their array into equal groups.
4. The student was able to prove division equations by building and explaining a Minecraft Math model.
5. The student was able to correctly answer all four problems on their worksheet.
6. The student was able to review a peers worksheet and explain how their answers are correct or not.
7. The student exhibited higher level thinking skills such as…
a. Completing one of the extension activities
b. Making a connection between the inverse relationship between multiplication and division.
- Critical Thinking