Draw points, lines, line segments, rays, angles, and perpendicular and parallel lines. Game/Play NGSS courses Project-Based STEM Online
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.G.A.1 Draw points, lines, line segments, rays, angles (right, acute, obtuse), and perpendicular and parallel lines. Identify these in two-dimensional figures.
Start the class with a discussion about lines, rays, and segments. Ask the students these questions
1) What is a line?
2) What is a ray?
3) What is a segment?
4) Compare and contrast lines, rays, and segments?
1) The student was able to name, define and identify points, lines, rays, and segments.
2) The student was able to code a working dropper.
3) The student was able design a challenging yet beatable dropper game.
- Critical Thinking
Associated Engage NY module and lesson.