There are a few things every student needs to have prepared before joining a class at EduMEE. Here is a quick list:
- Register at www.edumee.com
- Enroll and purchase a class
- Have a PC, Mac, Chromebook, or iPad available with good internet access
- Recieve your student Microsoft email account information from EduMEE
- Download Minecraft: Education Edtion
- Log into Teams on Class day 10-15 minutes early to ensure your camera and microphone work properly
- Having a notebook and pencil may be useful, especially for math classes.
- Be ready to have FUN!
Finding your Schedule Once Enrolled
Locating Your EduMEE Microsoft Student Email Account
When you register at EduMEE, parents will receive an email with an edumee.org student account information just like this:
The email account (email@example.com) and password will be used to sign into both Teams and Minecraft Education Edition before a class meeting starts on class day. You can also check the email account to find the link to the class Teams meeting on class day.
Tip – To keep things simple, when creating a child account on www.edumee.com you can use the Microsoft email and password for your login.
Open and Download Minecraft From EduMEE Website
You can open Minecraft directly from EduMEE. It will give you the option to download and install if you have not already.
1. Go to www.edumee.com and click the support tab on the main menu
2. Under support, click on Start Minecraft, then follow the prompts to either open or download Minecraft Education
Downloading Minecraft After Starting from Site
If you have already downloaded M: EE Than you can click the box that says “Open URL:minecraftedu” at the top of the page.
- Click on the green button that says “Download Minecraft: Education Editon” or go here: https://education.minecraft.net/en-us/get-started/download
- Click “Download Now”
3. A window will pop up asking if you want to install. Select “Install”.
Make sure that “launch when ready” is checked
4. Wait for the application to finish installing
5. Upon completion the game will launch and ask for sign-in credentials.
6. Sign in with your Microsoft EduMEE student email(firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to access the game.
7. A successful sign-on will bring you to the M:EE start screen
8. Click Play on the Home screen and then click Join World
9. Minimize Minecraft and Now open Teams(see steps below in this article)
Sign in and get started with EduMEE Classroom in Teams
- Go to www.edumee.com and click support on the main menu at the top of the page
- Under support, you will see “Start MS Teams”. Click that and you will be redirected to MS Teams on the web.
- From there you can log in using your EduMEE student Microsoft email account(email@example.com) and password.
This video will walk you through the process of signing into Teams and finding the link to your class meeting.
Joining An EduMEE Class Meeting in Teams
Once in your Teams account you can join meetings from either your classroom chat or Calander
Join from the Calander:
- From your Calendar, select Join on a meeting before it’s started, or one that’s in-progress.
- Turn on your camera, select Background filters, and choose how you’d like to appear:
- Select a custom background.
- Select Blur.
- Choose your audio settings.
- Select Join now.
4. When the teacher prompts you, enter the Join Code for the world that the teacher will share with you in Teams. You want to join by clicking on each picture in order.
That’s it! You are ready for your first Class.