Essential CommandsLearn how to move around with one of the most common interfaces for Minecraft: Education Edition, a keyboard and mouse.
Moving around MinecraftW – Move forward A – Strafe left S – Move backward D – Strafe right CONTROL – Sprint
- Jump by pressing the spacebar when walking.
- Hop to the block in front of you up by pressing space bar and W at the same time.
- Hint: This is great for moving up staircases.
- When swimming, the spacebar will bring you to the surface.
- Hint: When playing in Survival mode, you can’t hold your breath under water forever! Use the spacebar to catch a breath.
- Fly in Creative mode by pressing space bar twice
- Use these tips when trying to get somewhere quickly:
- Press space bar once more and you’ll levitate upwards.
- Press space bar twice again to drop back to the ground.
- When on the ground, press shift to crouch down and sneak.
- When in the air (Creative mode), press shift to fly downwards.
- Press ESC to return to the menu.
- Select Settings
- Scroll down to Controls and click on the desired interface.
- Modify as needed – if you make a mistake or want to go back, you can find the reset button to change everything back at the bottom of the list.
- No need to save, the settings are updated automatically. Find out what works best for you!