Specific guidance for teachers on issuing refunds
Parents will sometimes request refunds for EduMEE classes. Our general refund policy details this process on the parent side, but this article details the process for teachers, providing specific guidance on how you should handle certain types of refunds. We encourage you to proactively provide refunds in the following scenarios.
- You canceled a class meeting, missed a class meeting, or shortened a course, and you were unable to reschedule or transfer the student
- A student had a poor experience in class, and you were at least partially responsible
- If a parent enrolls the wrong student then wants to switch the enrollment, you should fully refund the incorrect enrollment once the correct student is enrolled.
Before you’re paid for the class, you should contact EduMEE to have the enrollemtn canceled and we will issue the refund. If you’ve already been paid, please contact Support at EduMEE to issue the refunds and send back any necessary funds to EduMEE Schooling Inc.. In some specific scenarios, EduMEE Schooling Inc. may process refunds without communicating with you prior to issuing the refund. EduMEE Schooling Inc. will make these refunds upon parent request. If you have already been paid, we will contact you to request a return of your 90% portion of the enrollment fee; EduMEE Schooling Inc. will cover the remaining portion from the 10% service fee. You are expected to return funds within 7 days. The following are the specific cases where EduMEE Schooling Inc. will initiate refunds: Your class didn’t occur as originally planned. Parents receive a prorated refund for any of the following situations:
- You missed, canceled, or attempted to reschedule a class time. In the event that the parent is unable to attend the rescheduled meeting, they can request a refund.
- If a class starts more than 5 minutes late or ends more than 5 minutes early, parents can request a 50% refund if less than half of the class was missed, and a full refund if more than half was missed.
- When a part of a multiday class is rescheduled and the student is unable to attend the rescheduled meeting(s), parents can request a refund based on the number of meetings that were rescheduled.
- If you do not teach the slated number of class meetings, parents can request a prorated refund.
For any other situation, parents are encouraged to directly contact EduMEE
Schooling Inc. for a refund, and EduMEE Schooling Inc. may cover the cost of the refund in full. Note that in the rare case where your class(es) are associated with an excessively high rate of refunds, EduMEE Schooling Inc. will process all future refund requests from a combination of your earnings and EduMEE Schooling Inc.’s share.